Database Administrator- Power BI Specialty
- Full Time
- More Information
Comprised of nearly 57,173 volunteers and cadets, from ages 12 to over 100, in career fields as diverse as mechanics, doctors, plumbers, executives, teachers, and retirees, our members embody our core values of integrity, volunteerism, excellence, and respect.
We are your neighbors, your co-workers, and we are patriots volunteering our time and resources supporting America's communities with emergency response, diverse aviation and ground services, youth development, and promotion of air, space, and cyber power.
Civil Air Patrol is in a unique position of being both a 501(c)(3) charity and the Air Force Auxiliary. We are considered a Total Force Partner with the Air Force, the Air Force Reserve, and the Air National Guard.
We are the only non-profit in the United States that combines search and rescue, youth character and leadership development, and aerospace and cyber education while advancing the preservation and extension of universal American values. 95% of our cadets feel it's essential for them to help our Country.
Today, our 23,574 cadet members and 33,599 adult members serve in 52 Wings throughout the Country, including all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Job Title: Database Administrator- Power BI Specialty
Reports to: Jeffrey Wright
Closing date: 10 July 2022
SUMMARY: Supports Power BI end users in the creation of reports, visualizations, dashboards, KPI’s, and metrics that provide business insight and aid in business decision making. Assists in the planning and engineering of databases to support performance, scalability, and security. Evaluates existing database design to determine necessary update and integration requirements of new design and to ensure final business intelligence solutions meet organizational needs using Power BI Desktop and the on line Power BI services. Utilizes Azure DevOps suite of related tools to track work, manage code, run builds, deploy applications, and manage tests. Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor's degree in an IT related area from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education is required
• Must have 2 to 4 years prior experience in Power BI or a related field
• Experience or ability to learn secondary tools, such as SQL Data Warehouse, Azure, Visual Studio.
• Knowledge of performance enhancement using SSMS through index creation, maintenance and analysis.
• Experience or ability to learn ETL development and monitoring using SSMS, SSIS, Visual Studio and standard Microsoft Replication services
• Familiarity with Stored Procedures, Views and SSRS
• Ability to communicate with users and development team to gather requirements for report needs and translate those to technical requirements.
• Ability to learn quickly
• Strong problem-solving
• Able to handle pressure situations
• Positive attitude
• Detail orientation
• Good communication skills
• Work individually and as a member of a team
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Work is usually performed in a well-lit and temperate office environment. Physical demands include: constant close-vision work and ability to adjust focus; frequent sitting, using hands and fingers to handle objects and operate office equipment and controls, reaching with hands and arms, lifting up to 35 pounds, squatting, bending and walking; occasional lifting or moving up to 50 pounds or more, and working in unsupported body positions.
To apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. You may submit a resume in addition to a completed employment application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position, the Civil Air Patrol offers a 401(k) retirement plan, health/dental insurance, paid life insurance, sick/vacation leave, paid holidays, and a flexible spending account. No phone calls, please. EOE