Yammer Usage Policy
Welcome to Yammer! Our goal is to provide a collaborative environment to connect with colleagues and bridge our departments and geographic locations to share meaningful information.
Your activity in this network is governed by the following requirements:
- Everything in Yammer stays in Yammer! (No public posts or Tweets, and so on).
- Do not post confidential information into the main feed.
- Be respectful to other members. It is acceptable to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.
- Add value with each post.
- You are responsible for the material you post to Yammer.
- It is important to substantiate ideas, but please keep messages brief and to the point.
Get started by following these best practices:
- When you first join, select the colleagues you want to follow. Posts from these colleagues will appear in your Following feed. To see all company posts, select All.
- Fill out your profile information. Complete the Expertise and Education sections, and be sure to add a profile picture.
- Customize your email preferences in the Notifications section.
- Before asking a question, use the search bar and explore the Topics feed to explore existing content. This will help limit repetitive messages.
- Browse the Group directory and join groups that you find relevant. If a specific group does not exist, start a new one and invite members of your team to contribute. For best results, use groups as a replacement for existing email listservs.
- Add Topics, Links, pictures, and Events to posts when applicable.
- Use the Yammer FAQs, and How To Guide to help clarify common concerns.
- Take time to explore Yammer. You'll get the hang of it!
Post a question or send a private message to CAP Admin with any specific questions.
To report an inappropriate post, go to CAP Admin.