NSC Pre-Planning Page
Registration is now open!
National Staff College 2019
25 April - 2 May 2019
Maxwell AFB, AL
Registration Fee: $195 (plus transportation, lodging and meals)
Deadline to apply is 1 March 2019
National Staff College (NSC) is the capstone course in professional development. It is designed for members who are, or will be, assuming positions of regional or national importance within CAP.
This college is is limited in enrollment to CAP majors or higher grade for officers, and SMSgt and CMSgt for NCOs. This college is organized by national headquarters and lasts seven days, held at Maxwell Air Force Base in beautiful Montgomery, Alabama. Fewer than 2,500 of all senior members have reached this demanding level of professional development. Are you up to the challenge?
NSC is taught by senior CAP leaders and USAF instructors from Air University, the curriculum challenges students in the areas of executive leadership, management, organizational behavior, and policy formulation. Much time is spent examining CAP's national-level operations. Students engage in seminar discussions, case studies, and exercises throughout the seven day course.
Because of the graduate-level design of NSC, as well as its focus on national-level operations, attendance at National Staff College is restricted to those members who hold the grade of Major or above for officers and SMsgt or CMSgt, who have completed CAP's Region Staff College (or equivalent), and who have the endorsement of their wing commander.
To apply, please take the following steps:
- Log onto eServices and access the home page.
- On the left-hand side of the broswer, scroll down and click on the "Cadet Programs" tab
- Choose "Registration and Payment System" sub tab
- Under "NCSA Application," click on "Application."
- Enter your CAPID, and click on the "search" button beside the CAPID. This should automatically start your application
- Follow the prompts for information and be sure to click on each tab
- Under the "Personal Information tab" ensure all the applicable blocks are completed and correct (address, contact info, etc)
- Under the "medical" tab, ensure the required medical information is completed
- Under the "Preferences" tab, select "National Staff College Course" from the "List of Events" window and move to the "Selected Events" window
- Do not use the "Supplemental" tab at this time.
- Click "Submit" in the "Review" tab.
Your completed application will be automatically be sent to the unit commander for endorsement (unit commander will check "Commander's Corner for message). It wil then be sent to the wing commander for endorsement. You will receive an e-mail notification if and when you are accepted with payment instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: When does registration open?
Answer: Registration is open now.
Question: Last year, National Headquarters paid for lodging. Will this happen again this year?
Answer: We do not know if we will receive the funding for Lodging this year, and may not know until shortly before the course.
Question: After hitting the "submit" key, the form that comes up is the Form 31, not the Form 17. Is this wrong?
Answer: No, there is nothing wrong. This year we are using the NCSA registration utility, so the form generated is the Form 31. All the essential information is contained on the form for this stage of registration.
Question: I hit the "submit" key to complete the application but the system won't accept it because I have missing personal information. How do I add the required info?
Answer: You can update your information in your eServcies profile. When you do and log back into your application (it saves your application automatically), the updated personal data will automatically populate your saved form. Then go to the "review" tab and click "Submit."
Question: I accidentally selected the "National Staff College Staff" activity. How can I change this?
Answer: Log into your application using steps 1-4 above, then click on the "Preference" tab, move the incorrectly chosen activity to "List of Events" and move the correct activity to "Selected Events". Then go to the "Review" tab and click "Submit."