GLR AEO School Set For July 15-19
July 15, 2019 - July 19, 2019
The registration deadline is approaching for the 2019 GLR AEO/AEM School, which will be presented July 15-16 at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Area A, Building 1222.
The School for AEOs begins Monday, July 15, 2019, at 9 a.m. and ends Friday, July 19, at noon. The workshop for AEMs begins on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 9 a.m. and ends on Friday, July 19 at noon. Cost is $45 for the week of AE/STEM education. The last date to register is June 21.
The agenda for the school is still under development, but it will include the following:
• STEM Kits – display, evaluations by students, hands-on and instruction
• Model Rocketry – each student will build a rocket in class and launch it
• Model Remote Control Aircraft and a visit to the Dayton Wingmaster’s Airfield for hands-on training (using Buddy Boxes) and ending with a BBQ (compliments of the school)
• Introduction to telescopes and observation (weather permitting)
• Review of CAP’s programs
• Aerospace Connections in Education (ACE)
• Aerospace Education Excellence (AEX)
• Teacher Orientation Program (TOP Flights)
• Networking with fellow AEOs and local AEMs
• How to raise funds for AE/STEM projects
• Tours of military aircraft
• And more!
This event is not required but is a great educational experience for those wanting to learn more about STEM kits and the different programs available within the AEM program. For more information, check out this flier. Ready to sign up? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.