Hot Air Balloons
- How to Make a Hot Air Balloon ppt: (If not saving a copy, it may take 2-3 minutes to download.) Use these pictures and instructions to help your students learn how to make a tissue paper hot air balloon. (The balloon featured in the slides was made using Pitsco's Zoon Balloon gore pattern. Visit Pitsco at http://shop.pitsco.com/store/default.aspx?CategoryID=14&by=9&c=1 for information regarding hot air balloon materials.)
- Instructions, patterns, and launching information for tissue paper hot air balloons.
- Make an indoor hot air balloon using a plastic film dry cleaner bag and a blow dryer.
- In this hot air balloon project, students will launch hot-air balloons, powered by a toaster, and see how the size of the balloon affects its flight.
- Use simple kitchen materials to make a hot air balloon. (includes scientific explanation)
- Make a homemade hot air balloon. (adult supervision required)
- Hot air balloon construction - includes details, pictures, and instructions for making a hot air balloon launcher using a propane outdoor gas cooker.
- More teacher resources available at http://www.libertyballoon.com/school-programs/resources-for-teachers.
- Teaching ideas using hot air balloons. (upper elementary grades)