Aerospace Education Member Information
This unique membership category is designed for K-12 educators or others involved in promoting aerospace/STEM education in classrooms, homeschools, after-school programs, libraries, museums, or other youth organizations.
Teaching Ordinary Subjects in Extraordinary Ways
CAP promotes and supports aerospace/STEM education, both for its own members and the general public. CAP educational programs help prepare American citizens to meet the challenges of a sophisticated, global aerospace society and understand its related issues.
CAP offers educator members free national academic standards-based educational products, including a secondary textbook, Aerospace: The Journey of Flight, and six middle-school-level Aerospace Dimensions modules. There are numerous other educational products involving robotics, rocketry, astronomy, satellite imagery, model and remote control aircraft, cyber security, and much more that can be found by clicking HERE.
Civil Air Patrol, the volunteer auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is helping develop tomorrow's aerospace/STEM workforce by Making Aerospace Real for Students (MARS)!
Through CAP's award-winning MARS program, educators are offered:
- Free national standards-based aerospace education materials for youth organizations, museums, and K-12 public/private/parochial/home schools
- The K-12 Aerospace Education Excellence (AEX) Award program that can be integrated in the classroom or used as a stand-alone after-school or camp program
- The K-6 Aerospace Connections in Education (ACE) program for schools
- Low-cost aerospace textbooks that can be purchased for grades 6-12 from Vanguard (Aerospace: The Journey of Flight textbook-CAP0038D-and six Aerospace Dimensions modules-CAP0037D- and educator guides)
- Aerospace education newsletters full of current and useful information
- Teacher Orientation Program (TOP) flights in powered aircraft at local airport
- Aerospace-oriented workshops
- Aerospace education speakers and resources nationwide
- A selection of 15 FREE STEM Kits to use and keep
All of this for a one-time $35 membership fee and free annual renewal! Click here to learn more about how to join as an Aerospace Education Member (AEM).
CAP offers students, ages 12-18, the opportunity to become a CAP Cadet:
Click on Cadet Programs and check out the left bar for information about:
- Orientation Flights
- Aerospace/STEM Career Exploration
- Cadets at School programs (wherein educators can start a CAP cadet squadron as an after-school program for middle and high schools)
CAP's programs are nationally recognized:
Past recipient of the Air Force Association's Vandenberg Award and Chairman's Award for Aerospace Education Excellence, the National Aeronautics Association's Brewer Trophy; the Space Foundation's Education Achievement Award; the National Coalition for Aviation and Space Education's two top aerospace awards: Crown Circle and Mervin K. Strickler Awards for Aerospace Education Leadership
Let Civil Air Patrol Introduce YOU and YOUR YOUTH to MARS!
Become an Aerospace Education Member of CAP today! As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, humanitarian corporation, CAP more than returns your one-time $35 membership dues in free programs, products and services. Click HERE for AEM Informational Flier.