CAP's National Aerospace Education Teacher of
the Year Award
Electronic (preferred) nomination package submission deadline: January 15 of each year to email@example.com, Preferred e-mail vs mailing as is on directions.
DESCRIPTION: The Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Education Teacher of the Year Award is a national level award established to recognize and reward any Civil Air Patrol member who is a certified teacher for outstanding accomplishments in Aerospace Education and for possessing those honorable attributes we expect from American teachers.
QUALIFICATIONS: The nominees for this award must meet the criteria below in order to qualify for this award.
- Be a Civil Air Patrol Member.(If not a member, the quick online membership link for a one-time $35 fee for Aerospace Education Members is found HERE.) If you want to know more about becoming an AE Member of CAP, click HERE.
- Be a certified classroom teacher from grades K-12 in any public, private, or parochial school.
- Must either teach aerospace education as a subject or use aerospace education to enrich the teaching of traditional subjects.
- Set high standards for students and demand excellence in student performance.
- Strive to improve personal academic competence and teaching ability.
- Demonstrate creativity in developing and utilizing materials to enhance the teaching of aerospace.
- Maximize student involvement and classroom activities to improve student learning or create and develop a one-time project or program of such significance that it has a major impact on the teaching of aerospace education.
AWARD ELEMENTS: The recipient will receive a $1000 cash stipend, free room and attendance to the Civil Air Patrol’s Summer National Board meeting where the award will be presented at a nice banquet. Additionally, the Civil Air Patrol will provide a commemorative plaque.
PROCEDURES: Download the Aerospace Educator Teacher of the Year Application form. The deadline to submit the nomination package for the annual Aerospace Education Teacher of the Year Award is January 15 of the current year. If you have any questions, please contact Aerospace Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
CAP's National K-6 ACE Program Awards
CAP's unique K-6th grade Aerospace Connections in Education (ACE) program accepts national award nominations during April each year from ACE teachers. National ACE awards are accepted for ACE School of the Year, Teacher of the Year, and Student of the Year. Grants are provided for ACE Awards by the Air Force Association. Last year's national awards extended into several special awards and the entire list is found HERE. Award nomination forms are found HERE.