ACE Program registration will open August 1st and close December 31st each year.
*** 2020 National ACE Award Winners have been selected! Thanks to the Air Force Association for the National ACE Award Grants!
ACE in the News:
***National ACE Teacher of the Year: Tammy Clingenpeel, Fellowship Baptist Academy, Carson City, MI
***National ACE School of the Year: Silver Sands Elementary, Ft Walton Beach, FL
(Silver Sands Elementary will host the 2020-2021 National ACE Lift-off Event in October!)
***National ACE Students of the Year, from Syring Elementary School in Swartz Creek, MI
***National ACE CAP Cadet Student of the Year from St Nicholas School, CAP Kansas City Composite Squadron, KS Wing
***National ACE Collaboration Point of Light Program- THRIVE, Mt Vernon, IN
*** National ACE CAP Excellence Award- Andrew Notarfrancesco, St Laurentius Catholic School, Philadelphia, PA
Past Award Winners
Grade Level ACE Student Manipulative Items:
- The following grade levels receive the aerospace manipulative item listed (which corresponds to one of the grade-level's ACE lesson plans):
- Kindergarten: Earth balls- Academic Lesson #4, "Coming in for a Landing"
- 1st grade: balsa planes- Academic Lesson #3, "Plane Art" & Lesson #4, "Plane Flight Pie Chart"
- 2nd grade: finger rockets- Academic Lesson #8, "Rocket to the Planets"
- 3rd grade: foam gliders- Academic Lesson #4, "Foam Flyer"
- 4th grade: fun shuttles- Academic Lesson #4, "Fun Shuttle"
- 5th grade: prop balsa planes (with rubber bands)- Academic Lesson #2, "Forces of Flight"
- 6th grade: mini-rocket footballs- Physical Fitness Lesson #5, "From Football to Flight" (and windbags for demonstrating aerospace Academic Lesson #1, "Air-mazing Experiment)
- ACE curriculum guides are available in the AE Downloads and Resources page of eServices! Click on "ACE Program Curriculum Guides." Only Kindergarten is displayed, but when you click on it, all grade levels will appear for you to search, copy, download, etc.
Have a question, comment, suggestion, or pictures to share? Please send them to email@example.com.