- ACE completion certificates have been shipped to all teachers who have done the online completion form for the end of the year. If you did not receive ACE certificates, and need them, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *** 2018 National ACE Award Winners have been selected! Click on the document HERE to see our national award winners' info with end-of-year and 10-year anniversary notes!
***National ACE Teacher of the Year: Kathy Biernat
St. Mary’s Visitation, Elm Grove, WI
***National ACE School of the Year: Hillsboro Charter Academy
Principal, Mark Wertheimer; Coordinator, Megan Tucker, Hillsboro, VA
***National ACE Coordinator of the Year: Tracy Wright
Wetumpka Elementary School, Wetumpka, AL
***National ACE Student of the Year: Logan McAlvey
National ACE 1st Year Teacher of Excellence: Tammy Clingenpeel
***National ACE CAP Partners: Maj Mike Seiloff & Lt Col Frank Roldan
Fellowship Baptist Academy and MI Wing, CAP ***Carson City, MI
***National ACE Ambassador of the Year: Brian Johnston
Friendship Elementary School, Buford, GA
***National ACE Sustained Excellence Award: Isaac Piper
Arbor View Elementary School, Elkhorn, NE
***National ACE Collaborative Award: Rossana Chiarella
Palm Springs North Elementary, Hialeah, FL
***National ACE Emeritus Award: Carla Chin
San Jose Catholic School, Jacksonville, FL
- The following grade levels receive the aerospace manipulative item listed (which corresponds to one of the grade-level's ACE lesson plans):
- Kindergarten: Earth balls- Academic Lesson #4, "Coming in for a Landing"
- 1st grade: balsa planes- Academic Lesson #3, "Plane Art" & Lesson #4, "Plane Flight Pie Chart"
- 2nd grade: finger rockets- Academic Lesson #8, "Rocket to the Planets"
- 3rd grade: foam gliders- Academic Lesson #4, "Foam Flyer"
- 4th grade: fun shuttles- Academic Lesson #4, "Fun Shuttle"
- 5th grade: prop balsa planes (with rubber bands)- Academic Lesson #2, "Forces of Flight"
- 6th grade: mini-rocket footballs- Physical Fitness Lesson #5, "From Football to Flight" (and windbags for demonstrating aerospace Academic Lesson #1, "Air-mazing Experiment)
- ACE curriculum guides are available in eServices! Log in to eServices and go to the Aerospace Education section, and then click "AE Downloads & Resources" on the left side of the page. Then, scroll down and click "ACE Program Curriculum Guides." Only one grade level displays, but when you click on it, all grade levels will appear for you to search, copy, download, etc.
Have a question, comment, suggestion, or pictures to share? Please send them to email@example.com.