K-6 teachers, Aerospace Connections in Education (ACE) program registration is open each year from August 1st to December 31st!
See the 2020 National ACE Award Winners HERE!
2019-2020 End-of-Year Completion and Certificate CORRECTION:
We know with the current school closings for the remainder of the year, you may not be able to complete your final ACE classes if you have not completed your program yet. You may be able to do some lessons with your students in a virtual manner, and we hope you do! If you can still submit your online completion form, with whatever you have been able to complete, we would appreciate that. We cannot get certificates mailed to you until our offices open again this summer, so we have added fillable certificates in the right Related Links box, if you wish to create one for each of your students and e-mail them to the families. Please e-mail us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. We wish the best to each of you.
~ The CAP ACE Team (National HQ, Montgomery, AL)
To prepare for next year's program support from your closest CAP squadron or AFA chapter, see info below.
- To find your closest CAP squadron to invite to your school, enter your ZIP code in the "Find your local squadron" section of www.gocivilairpatrol.com. Expand your search radius from 10-100 miles, and then reach out to the contact person.
- To find an Air Force Association (AFA) chapter representative, enter your state at the AFA Chapter Locator and e-mail the president you think is nearest to you.
ACE Manipulatives by Grade Level
- The following grade levels receive the aerospace manipulative item listed (which responds to one of the grade level's ACE lesson plans):
- Kindergarten: Earth balls
- 1st grade: balsa planes
- 2nd grade: finger rockets
- 3rd grade: foam gliders
- 4th grade: fun shuttles
- 5th grade: balsa planes (with rubber bands)
- 6th grade: mini-rocket footballs (and a few windbags for demonstrating aerospace academic lesson #1)
- ACE curriculum guides are available in eServices. Log in to eServices and click "AE Downloads & Resources" on the left side of the page. Then scroll down and click "ACE Program Curriculum Guides."
Have a question, comment, suggestion, or pictures to share? Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.