What are the differences between the AEX Program and the ACE Program?
- Age Groups
- ACE is designed for students in grades K-6.
- AEX is available for students in grades K-12.
- ACE is designed for use during the school day, but can be conducted in summer or after-school programs.
- AEX can be conducted at any location at any time, including aviation museums.
- Program Materials
- ACE: grade-specific teacher's guide, ACE teacher plaque, ACE student certificates, classroom set of an aerospace item
- AEX: AEX activity books, AEX instructor plaque, AEX student certificates
- Lesson Sources
- ACE: Lessons used to complete the ACE Program must come from the ACE teacher's guide for the specific grade level taught.
- AEX: Lessons/activities used for the AEX Program may come from any or multiple sources.
- # of Lessons/Activities Required for Program Completion:
- ACE: Students must receive at least 10 ACE lessons.
- AEX: Students/participants must receive at least 6 aerospace-related activities plus a two-hour aerospace activity (or 2 additional aerospace-related activities).