CAP Grants for Educator Members Funded by the AFA
Deadlines for CAP educator members to submit grant applications are March 31 for the spring cycle and September 30 for the fall cycle.
The Air Force Association (AFA) helps CAP provide educational opportunities for America’s youth. These opportunities were initiated to help ensure that future generations of Americans:
- Appreciate the important role of aviation and space in America’s future
- Have the technical knowledge necessary to understand aerospace issues
- Have the educational background required to pursue aerospace careers
To accomplish their educational goals, the AFA communicates directly with the American public about the importance of maintaining a sound aerospace infrastructure and the importance of maintaining a strong Air Force to ensure national security. Another important part of their educational efforts is to support the educational objectives of the Air Force and CAP. To support CAP’s aerospace/STEM education programs, the AFA provides aerospace/STEM education grants for Civil Air Patrol units and educators. Since 1996, the AFA has provided over $450,000 to CAP units and educators to help fund their aerospace/STEM education programs, inspiring interest in over 350,000 youth toward STEM subjects and careers.
The requirements and selection criteria for the Air Force Association Grants for the Civil Air Patrol Members who are Educators are as follows:
- Due to the high volume of grant applications each quarter, from which only 10 grant recipients are named, and the need to distribute the grants as equitably as possible, after receiving a grant, educators are eligible to apply again after three unit grant cycles; a year and a half after earning a grant.
- Grants cannot exceed $250.00 per request.
- Grants must be used for aerospace/STEM education-related items/activities such as books, materials, equipment, videotapes, aerospace-oriented field trips, and aerospace education events for youth in schools and/or community organizations and/or events.
- Grant recipients must file a follow-up report with HQ CAP/ED on how the AFA grant contributed to their AE program. Within 90 days of the grant, please use the grant report form above and send, along with digital photos (of students with media permission releases), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAP educator member AE grant cycle deadlines are March 31 and September 30. An application form can be downloaded above or requested from email@example.com. Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.