STEM Kit Program
The Civil Air Patrol’s STEM Kit program provides STEM resources for hands-on, inquiry-based learning. The STEM Kit program has been providing a selection of STEM Kits to CAP Unit Aerospace Education Officers (AEOs) and CAP educator members since January 23, 2013, to educate the next generation STEM workforce.
The kits come at no cost to recipients, are designed to enhance current CAP educational curriculum and programs, and will be ready for immediate implementation. CAP Unit AE Officers (or commanders), as well as CAP members who are educators, including AFJROTC instructors, can select one kit from the available options.
*** If you are a teacher or informal educator (such as Scouts or youth groups), you may join Civil Air Patrol as an Aerospace Education Member (AEM) and apply for these free kits. Find out about all of our free aerospace/STEM programs for educators, and, how to join HERE.
Civil Air Patrol STEM Kit Photo Gallery - Include your photos in your evaluation or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact of CAP’s STEM Kit Program
The STEM Kit program continues to set new records!
Totals so far for fiscal year 2021 (as of March 2021):
- Filled 1,151 Applications
- Served 65,449 Participants
- Distributed 2,383 STEM Kits
Totals since 2013 (as of March 2021):
- Filled 17,395 Applications
- Served 1,100,532 Participants
- Distributed 30,099 STEM Kits
80% of participants are more interested in STEM after being involved in the STEM Kit program.
How to Participate
A. Members must be:
- CAP AEOs
- CAP Assistant AEOs
- Squadron Commanders
- Wing Commanders
- CAP Educator Members
B. Members must:
- Complete the online application form and submit
- Administer the Pre-test and gather results
- Spend at least 6 hours with the STEM Kit
- Administer the Post-test and gather results
- Complete the online evaluation form and submit
See Detail Links in Left Menu Bar; and kit descriptions HERE.