STEM Kit application process.
STEM Kit Guidelines:
- CAP AEOs and educator members may submit online applications for one CAP STEM Kit at a time via eServices, CAP's member portal.
- Applications will be carefully and thoroughly reviewed prior to notification of application approval status.
- Participant ages must meet guidelines for each kit. (Age guidelines are listed in each STEM Kit description.)
- Collaborations are strongly encouraged in the application. Collaborative examples include:
- Educators connecting upper and lower grade levels in schools for implementation and mentoring.
- CAP cadet squadrons connecting with community youth groups and/or schools.
- CAP unit AEOs working together on a specific STEM Kit at a Group or Wing event.
- CAP AEOs and/or educators connecting at a community event for educational outreach demonstration or program.
- CAP AEOs or educators partnering with an aviation and/or space museum to conduct demonstrations.
- CAP AEOs or educators connecting with the organization associated with each kit, as noted in the STEM Kit descriptions.
To apply for a STEM Kit, applicants must be one of the following:
- CAP AEO
- CAP Assistant AEO
- Squadron Commander
- Wing DAE
- Wing Commander
- CAP Educator Member (If not a member, but are a formal or informal educator, find out membership details HERE.)
- To apply for a STEM Kit, log into CAP's member portal, eServices. When in eServices, from the Menu, go to the Aerospace Education section; then, submit your application in the CAP STEM Kit section.
- When a STEM Kit application is correctly submitted, an automatic confirmation email will be received from CAP. If this email is not received, the online application was not processed, and the online application will need to be resubmitted. .
- Applications from CAP units are first submitted for approval to the Wing Commander before being forwarded to CAP National Headquarters. Educator member applications go directly to National Headquarters for review by the CAP STEM Kit committee.
- The CAP STEM Kit committee will meet at the beginning of each month to review applications from the previous month.
- After the STEM Kit committee meeting, STEM Kit applicants will be notified by email whether or not their application was accepted. ***
- Approved applicants can expect to receive one or two STEM Kits per approved application. (More information is available on each STEM Kit description page.)
***b. If the application is not approved, the notification e-mail will include information as to the non-approved reasoning, with suggestions for future applications.