Congratulations to all our 2023 Scholarship recipients!
Scholarship finalist instructions
For Academic Scholarships, all applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements found on the Application Procedures page.
- Must have earned Billy Mitchell Award or higher
- Must be a high school senior, high school graduate, or hold a GED
- Must be accepted to a college/school or provide proof that an application has been made
- Must attend a post-secondary school or college
- Must be enrolled in a course of study during the academic year for which the scholarship is awarded
- Must submit at least one but not more than three letters of recommendation written by someone who is familiar with the cadets' accomplishments in CAP. If you have multiple documents of the same type, combine them all into one document before upload.
- Must submit a resume, not longer than 2 pages, detailing any academic, community or CAP activities not addressed on previous tabs of the application
To apply: follow directions on the application procedures page.
CAP Cadet Academic Scholarships includes Board of Governors Academic Scholarship
Academic scholarships are monetary awards used to support CAP Cadets pursuing their undergraduate or graduate education. Monies are to be used for tuition, books, or room and board at any post-secondary school (i.e: college, university, vocational-technical school, etc.). Scholarship recipients must ensure that the money is used responsibly. Applicants may pursue any course of study. This year, scholarships will be made in varying amounts from $1,000 to $2,500.
Dr. Ron Hanson Academic Scholarship
An academic scholarship to support cadets pursuing their undergraduate or graduate education. Monies are to be used for tuition, books, or room and board at any post-secondary school (i.e: college, university, vocational-technical school, etc.). Scholarship recipients must ensure that the money is used responsibly. Applicants may pursue any course of study.
Capt. Nick Schroder Scholarship
This scholarship will support a college- or academy-bound cadet majoring in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) field. The fund also will support two cadets who attend CAP National Cadet Special Activities each year, providing them with opportunities to learn and grow in a chosen field. Be sure to indicate your interest in the STEM field on the essay.
USAA Academic Scholarships
The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) provides academic scholarships to three outstanding cadets for assistance in pursuing their undergraduate education.
Vietnam Veterans of America, Detroit Chapter 9
The Vietnam Veterans of America, Detroit Chapter 9 provides a needs based scholarship to a Michigan Wing cadet for assistance in pursuing their undergraduate education.
Col Clara E. Livingston, Puerto Rico CAP Cadet Academic Scholarship
This $4,000 educational scholarship, named after an aviation pioneer, CAP member during World War II, and former Puerto Rico Wing Commander, is available only to Puerto Rico CAP cadets (as stated in Col Livingston's will). For more details, contact Puerto Rico Wing Headquarters