Skip to main content
Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters
Main Content

Cadet Encampment Assistance Program

Cadet Encampment Assistance Program

Thanks to Air Force support, CAP has special funding available to cover encampment fees and uniforms with an emphasis on serving economically disadvantaged cadets.  An inability to afford encampment will not hold back cadets who want to participate in encampment.

Eligibility.  Assistance is available to cadets and is targeted towards low-income families and first-time encampment attendees.

What assistance is available?
Cadets and their families may apply for assistance with encampment fees, uniforms, or both.  Encampment fee assistance will cover 100% of the tuition fees and will be paid directly to the hosting wing.  Uniform assistance is provided in the form of vouchers that may be used for specific uniform items at Vanguard.  The  voucher may be for $75 or $125, depending on the priority level of the cadet.
How do I apply?
Open the "Cadet Encampment Assistance Program" module in eServices.  Answer the questions posed, and that's it.  Remember to apply to attend encampment.  The online module is the application for financial assistance, but you still need to register for encampment itself, if you haven't already.  
What happens after I apply?
You'll receive an email confirmation from National Headquarters.  Your squadron commander will endorse your application and you'll receive another email confirmation when that happens.  You will hear back from NHQ regarding your status within 10 days of the commander's approval.  If granted assistance with encampment fees, NHQ will send those funds directly to the encampment on your behalf.  If granted assistance for uniforms, Vanguard will email you a voucher with a link to purchase BDUs, Blues, and insignia.  Once ordered, your items will arrive in the mail.
What is the timeline for applying?
CEAP applications open 1 March for spring and summer encampments and 1 November for winter encampments.  Applications close 20-30 days before the start of encampment.  Assistance is prioritized by need, first-timer status and date of application, so don't wait to apply.
I already paid for encampment, is it too late for me to participate?
No.  Please apply for the program.  If you are accepted the wing will reimburse encampment fees after graduation.
My wing isn't having a summer encampment, or it's already full, what can I do?
If you can't attend your local wing's encampment, check out the upcoming encampments on the encampment home page and think about applying for an encampment in a nearby state.  Carpooling may be available.
Can I receive assistance to go back to encampment for advanced training or on staff?
Cadets are welcome to apply for assistance to return to encampment, but should be aware that they will be placed on a wait list and the acceptance rate for returning cadets is low.  Applications for cadets returning to encampment will be processed after all first-time applicants have been served.  Cadets may wish to investigate other financial assistance options such as squadron, group, wing, or region scholarships.  

March 1- CEAP applications open for spring and summer encampments.
November 1- CEAP applications open for winter encampments.


© 2024 Civil Air Patrol. All rights reserved.