Open House Lesson Plans
1. Orientation: Welcome to the Civil Air Patrol.
Goal: Motivate young people to become CAP cadets
- Identify and briefly describe the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol
- Identify and respond positively to the opportunities available to young people through the CAP Cadet Program
- Identify CAP as a non-profit, volunteer auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force
- Identify requirements for cadet membership, to include the application process, dues and fees, meeting schedules, wear of the uniform, and related topics
- Explain the purpose of Great Start
- Value CAP as an extra-curricular activity and apply for membership
- Describe and respond positively to basic CAP policies regarding membership and cadet protection (parents)
Key Question: What is CAP and what opportunities are available to members?
Key Question: What are the eligibility requirements, costs and time commitments involved in joining CAP?
Fun icebreaker activity for cadets to interact and demonstrate the importance of communication
Key Question: What policies are in place to keep cadets safe and communicate with families?
Key Question: What does new cadet orientation look like?
Last update: 9/26/22