Youth Development Conference
Last updated 15 Jan 2021_1700CT
|Program of Events|
|Attendee List FINAL|
|Rules of the Meeting/Team Lead Instructions|
Our urgent task is to examine why youth-serving organizations like ours remain mostly homogeneous by race, economic class, gender, ability, and other social markers. We will use that learning to:
rethink our programs and practices in light of persistent inequities
recommit ourselves to be role models of an inclusive CAP
investigate new ways to equip cadets with the skills they’ll need to lead our diverse, democratic society.
Increase our community’s awareness of injustice and inequity in today’s youth-serving space and the down-range impact upon diversity in military service and critical STEM careers
Increase CP officers’ competencies in creating a trusting, caring environment for cadets, families, and adult volunteers from all backgrounds
Describe what an equitable and just youth organization looks and feels like to all stakeholders; describe best practices for an out of school time (OST) program like ours.
Identify roadblocks to equity and justice in Cadet Programs; begin to identify potential paths to improvement
This program is limited to Region and Wing DCPs or their designee, if DCPs can't attend, invited members of the National Cadet Team, and distinguished guests. Cadet Programs officers may attend to fill to capacity on a first-come, first-served basis once all DCPs have responded.
Free to all participants
Online using Microsoft Teams. After registering, participants will receive an invitation to join the Cadet Programs Training team.
Use registration link above or access it here. Eventbrite YDC Conference. You must use these links to access the private registration.
Invitation Only. This program is limited to Region and Wing DCPs and invited members of the National Cadet Team. Members of the CAP Command Team also will attend.
Substitution Requests. Please contact email@example.com request substitution for an invited participant (i.e. DCP unavailable but an alternate is available)
Schedule (A more detailed schedule is linked at the top of this page.)
- Jan 13th 1900-2000CT Test Your Connection. Join meeting anytime to test your connectivity and practice using mute and raise hand functions of Microsoft Teams Meeting space so you will be ready to go on the 15th. Check your registration response email for details on how to access the Team and the Team Meeting space.
- Jan 15th 1900-1930CT Opening and welcome
- Jan 15th 1930-2030CT Maj Gen Edward Thomas, Jr. will challenge us to be a part of the Air Force's Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Jan 16th 0900-1600CT External Speakers will guide our discussions on equity & justice and inclusivity
- Jan 17th 1300-1700CT CAP-specific topics including Cyber Module, Cadet Interactive and open forum.
Use this form to record your preferences for the 17 Jan discussion topics.
The conference proceeds in a casual, collegial environment. The uniform of the day is the CAP Corporate Working Uniform (“golf shirt”) or business casual attire.
Attend all conference sessions
Actively participate in group discussions
Respect academic non-attribution privileges
The CAP National Cadet Team is organizing this conference.