Change Notice: SSF/CAP exams previously found on this page are now in AXIS. If you do not see the exam on your Main Portal, click on the Course Catalog tab, select Pilot from the pulldown, then enroll in the appropriate "course" to access the exam.
Enhancing WMIRS Support of Glider Operations
Glider WMIRS tutorial (WIMRS ORM and release effective 1 June 2021)
The Soaring Safety Foundation (SSF)
CAP has a memorandum of agreement (MOA) with the SSF for the mutual benefit of both organizations. This MOA provides important benefits to CAP Cadets that are involved in glider flying. In addition, SSF provides a number of useful courses that are free to the public. Access the links below for more information:
Glider Reference Material
- Cockpit Familiarization: Blanik L-23 -- now on AXIS
- Hold Harmless Agreement (HHA) for Tow Planes & Gliders - see CAPF 70-10, Hold Harmless Agreement for Loss or Damage to Privately-owned Aircraft
- ASK-21 - Schleicher - Flight Manual
- L23 - Blanik - Flight Manual
- SGS 2-22C & E - Schweizer - Flight Manual
- SGS 2-33 - Schweizer - Flight Manual
- Blanik TV2 Trailer Manual
This link will take you to a repository of best-practices supporting glider operations.