Those pilots that enjoy working with cadets should think about becoming orientation pilots. Orientation pilots are given the opportunity to fly CAP cadets and after completing at least 300 hours PIC, can fly AFROTC and AFJROTC cadets.
Below are the requirements to become an Orientation Pilot or ROTC Orientation Pilot. You can find the requirements below on the Operations Qualifications page of eServices by clicking on “What Do I Need?”.
- Complete 200 hours PIC time
- For AFROTC and AFJROTC, you need to have 300 PIC time
- Schedule a flight with an instructor to receive your orientation pilot endorsement
- Have your commander endorse your “Orientation Pilot Demo” qualification
- Complete the “Orientation Pilot” exam