Membership cards take approximately 3-4 weeks to arrive from the vendor. Note that during COVID, mail is taking slightly longer to arrive. Expect to receive your card within 4-6 weeks.
Card information is sent to the vendor at the beginning of each week. The completed cards are delivered to the post office in Ft. Scott, Kansas on Fridays. Cards are sent using a non-profit postage rate, which means it can take up to 15 mail days to arrive.
Cards are provided after joining, renewing or name changes/corrections.
If you have not received a membership card and it has been at least 4 weeks since you joined or renewed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your CAP ID, name and mailing address.
Additional cards are available to order at any time through your eServices account. Cards cost $3.00 each and you can find the order link by clicking on your name, then General Info.
To bridge the gap between the time you join and receive your membership card, you can download and print a temporary card using the instructions below:
Temporary Membership Cards
To download and print a temporary membership card:
1. Login to your eServices account at www.capnhq.gov.
2. Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. A drop down menu will appear. Select "General Info"
4. The link to download and print a temporary card is located under the "Membership Card" heading, about halfway down the page.
5. The temporary card expiration date is for a limited amount of time. When your temporary card expires, you can download and print a new temp card with a future expiration date.