Drill & Ceremonies Manual Updated
Posted on August 22, 2014 at 12:00 AM by Joanna Lee
The Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program uses Air Force Manual 36-2203, Drill and Ceremonies as the guide for persons teaching, learning, or participating in drill and ceremonies. It has come to our attention that the Air Force updated this manual in November 2013. The new document supersedes the June 1996 version.
A review of the new manual reveals changes, but they are almost all formatting changes and updated pictures. The content of the manual remains almost completely the same. There are no changes to any commonly used commands, drill movements, formations or ceremonies. We expect there will be a gradual transition to the new manual, but there is no need for an official transition or phase out date for the June 1996 version.
The updated manual:
· Added page numbers to the index
· Includes figures in the index
· Includes internal hyperlinks for easy referencing when viewed electronically
· Drill terms were moved from 1.5 to Attachment 1
· Pictures were updated
· Clarification and examples added to several sections (3.19, 7.36.2)
· 126.96.36.199 changed to allow members of the Armed Forces and veterans outdoors in civilian clothing to render the military salute when the national anthem or To The Color is played.
If you find other changes, please add them to the comments below.